Propel to Success
Everyone has the innate ability to be a great manager; however this doesn’t necessarily come naturally. My Propel to Success mentoring program was created for people who have stepped into a management or leadership role for the first time. It focuses on the first 90 days of a role and is an opportunity to move from being a practitioner, an expert in your field to a leader.
Clearly, if you’ve been offered a management role you have potential, but do you have the skills and confidence to know where to start in your new role? Do you know how you are going to make an immediate impact as a leader?
All organisations exist for a specific purpose; good management of employees is critical to ensure that purpose is fulfilled. Poor management leads to high turnover rates, workplace stress and decline in performance. An intentional investment in coaching and mentoring can turn a technical expert into a terrific, effective manager.
- A meeting with your manager, yourself and your coach to ensure you have clarity on what needs to be achieved across the first 90 days
- Strengths based online assessment begins our journey to understanding how to leverage your strengths and ensure that you have the right strategies in your back pocket when you need them
- A debrief of your strengths based assessment and the development of an individual action plan for your first 90 days to ensure you remain on track
- 3 x 1:1 coaching sessions throughout the 90 days
- Weekly check ins to ensure you are experiencing traction
- Phone and email support between sessions
- Access to other professionals in a first time people manager community of practice
Want to know how others found my Propel to Success program?
The most important skill that I developed on the program was self-awareness. Emma taught me to step back and try to understand how I might come across to others, my strengths/weaknesses and how to be more relatable to different personalities within the team.